Iron Edge Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE best mouse?

Go down 
+3
Sick'n'Twisted
insane'
SENSEI982
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SENSEI982

SENSEI982

THE best mouse? Empty
PostSubject: THE best mouse?   THE best mouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:07 am

Ok, boyz and girls what is THE best mouse for gaming? Very Happy I think that's very important, 'cause u can improve u're gamplay a lot by having the right mouse. I've had these: Logitech Mx518, Logitech G5, Logitech G9, Logitech Mx Revolution, Logitech Mx1000, Razer Copperhead, Razer Lachesis, Razer Deathadder GuildWars Edition, Saitek Cyborg Mouse, Microsoft Sidewinder, Raptor M2, Raptor M3 and others that r not worth mentioning. I know what u're thinking right now: whatta freak Very Happy . But yes, I am a sort of mouse(and headphones) freak on a quest to find THE perfect mouse for me. And can u believe it, I broke them all Shocked ! And what have I learned so far about seraching for the right mouse:

1. THE most important thing is how the mouse feels in your hand (forget the dpi and weight gimmicks for these things r there just for advertising, pros play with 1800 dpi max with minimum weight possible)

2. Choose between laser and optical mouse carefully depending on which type of games u play most (optical is best for FPS , specially snipers, and laser for RTS, and RPGs)
The optical sensor is well proven and can track even when moving the mouse at an extremely high speed when playing on a very low sensitivity. Laser is made for one simple
reason: better refraction of light on different kind of surfaces

3. The drivers. Namely speed and acceleration of cursor. When playing wars I like these settings: when right mouse button is pressed and searching slowly(moving mouse slow) for enemy, I need precision for that quick hedshot attempt, so I need low cursor speed, but if I miss and he runs away or jumps aside, I need to catch him with quick but short move of my hand-->acceleration. So, low mouse speed but great acceleration. Though, these things are highly subjective and depend from person to person.

4. (Optional) The mouse build quality. If u're one of those individuals that like to hit things when u're pwned(erm, not me Rolling Eyes ) make sure to buy things that can absorb those hits lol! . No, serious, the companies wouldn't have any proffit if u would buy one good mouse and have it forever. They want u to brake it, one way or another so u have to buy more. That's why I dont like Razer. GREAT drivers but poor quality. My deathadder just errrm fell of the table by it self ONCE and the cursor wouldn't move. Had it like 5 days, brand new. I opened it to see what's wrong, and guess what?? THE WHOLE CHIPSET WAS HANGING ON TWO PLASTIC LITTLE SHITS 0.2 mm IN DIAMETER THAT WERE JUST WAITING TO BRAKE. I will never buy razer again. Evil or Very Mad I've even sent them hatemail. So, today I'm waitin' for my new Logitech G9, now that's a mouse that can take some serious damage.

SO, to conclude the deal this is my rating of those mice I tried and reviewed

1. Logitech G9 --> the pure mouse perfection even if it is laser

2. Logitech MX518 --> little less perfect but for the price u deffinitly get what u paid for, better than G5 + it's optical--me like Very Happy

3. Razer Deathadder --> I would give it second place if I wasn't still so angry- great driver support

4. Saitek Cyborg --> u really need to try that one, tons of good features but can be confusing sometimes

5. Raptor M3 --> Veery good mouse but needs a good surface

I still want to try these three mice:

Steelseries Ikari --> all the pros say it's the best
Roccat Kone ---> supposed to be very good and very fragile( ergo not for me Very Happy )
and

THE MOUSE I want to try out this bad boy right here --> http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/17/elecoms-scope-node-precision-mouse-its-precise-but-only-in/

that's right the SCOPE NODE only availeble in japan but I allready found the site that shipps internationaly. Can u say PWNING TIME lol!
Back to top Go down
insane'
Admin

THE best mouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE best mouse?   THE best mouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:28 am

http://www.a4tech.com/ENNEW/images/products/Accessary/X6-55BD-1b-1.gif
ummmm thats my mouse Very Happy i got two side buttons one of which i use for knife Smile and also the bottom part GLOWS IN BLUE! Razz its nothing special but its good enough for me.
I heard that mouse acceleration sux.. i tried the config that disables mouse acceleration and i dont like it very much.. blaze does tho
Back to top Go down
Sick'n'Twisted

Sick'n'Twisted

THE best mouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE best mouse?   THE best mouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:49 am

I have http://www.bud-e.co.za/images/LT-1G5.jpg

It's the only 'expensive' mouse I ever had and it's awesome. Fits great in my hand, fast but accurate... Great mouse Very Happy

It's Logitech g5 btw
Back to top Go down
Elsarild

Elsarild

THE best mouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE best mouse?   THE best mouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:55 am

I have 2 mouses:

I use my primary mouse, my Logitech G5 laser mouse, but i need a new one, and i don't want a razer, they break way too easy, and i find them very uncomftable to use, many of them have very sharp edges, so i don'tt like them

My other is my travel mouse for my laptop which is a logitech wireless trackball, cordless optical trackman, been useing trackballs for many many years, and i think they are great, but not very good for FPS, but you will never find anything better if you're a player of RTS games, which i am very very good at.

Thinking of buying the new G9 mouse ^^
Back to top Go down
SENSEI982

SENSEI982

THE best mouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE best mouse?   THE best mouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:10 pm

Jayanath wrote:
http://www.a4tech.com/ENNEW/images/products/Accessary/X6-55BD-1b-1.gif
ummmm thats my mouse Very Happy i got two side buttons one of which i use for knife Smile and also the bottom part GLOWS IN BLUE! Razz its nothing special but its good enough for me.
I heard that mouse acceleration sux.. i tried the config that disables mouse acceleration and i dont like it very much.. blaze does tho

That third mouse button that small one right next to left m. button, that is the same like pressing left mouse button three times, right?
Back to top Go down
SENSEI982

SENSEI982

THE best mouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE best mouse?   THE best mouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Acceleratin sux maybe, but on every mouse it's different. As I said, it's subjective, varies from person 2 person
Back to top Go down
Sick'n'Twisted

Sick'n'Twisted

THE best mouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE best mouse?   THE best mouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:24 pm

I never tried it and I don't think I will. Doesn't sound good for me...
Back to top Go down
speed
Admin

THE best mouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE best mouse?   THE best mouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:41 pm

hmm as i had said once my country sux to bring the latest technology so i'm a bit late in these things. I have a razer copperhead mouse (since im a razer fan i have everything of razer lol). I wish I could have the deathadder cause a lot says its quite good. Anyway with the razer mouse pad and the copperhead i feel quite comftable and thx God it hasnt broken yet lol. But my next mouse will be another razer lol but ill get that from abroad Very Happy Lol you wont believe me if i say i boutght the most expensive mouse in the shop (copperhead) lol so I want to get a new mouse from abroad this time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SENSEI982

SENSEI982

THE best mouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE best mouse?   THE best mouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:43 pm

Order from Ebay. That's what I do. U can find so many cheap techno stuff on auctions.
Back to top Go down
Sick'n'Twisted

Sick'n'Twisted

THE best mouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE best mouse?   THE best mouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:50 pm

SENSEI982 wrote:
Order from Ebay. That's what I do. U can find so many cheap techno stuff on auctions.

How much shipment you pay?
Back to top Go down
speed
Admin

THE best mouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE best mouse?   THE best mouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:55 pm

well that depends ofc on the size and shits Smile but i have to pay a lot for shipping but nearly all the time its more worth it even though there is high shipping Smile
Back to top Go down
SENSEI982

SENSEI982

THE best mouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE best mouse?   THE best mouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:28 pm

well anywhere from 5-20$ but there is a lot of stuff with free shippment u just need to find it. you have ebay.com , global ebay , ebay.eu
Back to top Go down
insane'
Admin

THE best mouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE best mouse?   THE best mouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:06 pm

nope its like clicking the left mouse button two times.. but i never use it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
razor955

razor955

THE best mouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE best mouse?   THE best mouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:27 pm

http://www.totalofficesupplies.co.uk/catalog/images/201171.jpgthis is mine
and i have this mouse pad
its rlly good when u get used 2 it http://i00.twenga.com/p/09/56/80956vb.png
Back to top Go down
hemol

hemol

THE best mouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE best mouse?   THE best mouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:33 pm

ekhm.. cool xD I have some shitty mouse from market xD price : 10 PLN ~3EUR ? xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

THE best mouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE best mouse?   THE best mouse? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE best mouse?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Iron Edge Forums :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: